A well-made furnishings is a real investment and to maintain it looking clean and good for the next generation, it’s essential to know the way to polish fixtures and make it look glossy as new. While that holds for any furniture, learning how to properly clean and polish furniture is particularly important for wood furniture.
Are you afraid of using expensive products for cleaning your furniture as it can faint color of your furniture? Then you have to know how to polish furniture using wax to shine up and protect your furniture naturally. How to Searching out a short, effective, and secure way to clean wood fixtures or cabinets? Keep in mind, before polishing, use microfiber cloths to remove dust, dirt, grime, even mildew! The smooth, small fibers of microfiber will make sure no harm comes for your furnishings, while also effectively absorbing any dust and water at the surface.
They get a number of use and, while well cared for, can maintain their desirable appears or develop even extra attraction over time, depending on what type of furniture you have got. Right here are the best way to know which finish should apply on furniture polishing or waxing.
How to Polish Furniture? – POLISHING OR WAXING:
When you need to maintain the finish of your furniture, avoid spraying the wooden with polish. Polish can be reason of discoloration in your wood and, in the end, will cause your wood to lose its shine. Instead, you should apply furniture wax at the side of a microfiber towel. Wax will not only help to improve the appearance, but also give your furniture a shielding coating to prevent scratches and smudges.
Before waxing, make sure you have followed the above steps. The last most important thing you want to do is remove the dirt in the wax. Always use of paste wax as it may protect your wood for as long as two years. Apply the wax to your furniture as told you above, usually with a brush or with a microfiber cloth.
Make sure you are forming a thin coat. Allow the wax dry and then buff the surface with your microfiber fabric. While buffing, use of softer microfiber cloth is better. This will give your wooden a glittery, like-new finish without causing any damage.
Watch us @ Crafted Furniture for more information.
Method to Apply Furniture Paste Wax
Varnish, polyurethane, or shellac is applied to wood to shield the surface during manufacturing. To protect the manufacturer’s finish use wax or polish and it enables to reduce scratches on surface.
Wax does not smudge, gives a rigid finish and long-lasting protection, and is more long-lasting than sprays or polishes. Always use paste wax or liquid wax which is made particularly for furniture. Depending on use, paste wax finishes may last long.
Liquid wax is less complicated to use than paste was but leaves a thinner coating; it may need to apply out more frequently than paste wax.
- Wax should applied to furniture correctly, or it may cause lines and a cloudy appearance. To repair shine for your wood apply it properly, always apply wax in light coats, rubbing into the surface with the grain.
- Take a small amount of furniture wax, approximately a spoonful quantity, with a pure cotton fabric. Wrap the cloth around the wax and squeeze it till wax become soft.
- Rub the wax saturated fabric on the surface of the furniture, only one small patch at a time, until the surface blurs.
- Use a clean and smooth cotton fabric to remove excess wax.
- Till the entire piece of wood furniture is not waxed, you need to repeat waxing and wiping process. If you notice a line, keep rubbing to remove excess wax.
- You should polish furniture with a soft cloth or lamb’s-wool pad if it is attached to an electric power buffer, it will be more convenient for you to follow this method. If the wax smudges, remove with a soft cloth and continue polishing until surface appears shiny.
- If you think, your furniture need a deep shine, apply a second coat of wax in the same way and get back luster of furniture.
If you want, your waxed furniture keep shiny for long time then dust with a lamb’s-wool duster. Always try to avoid using liquid or aerosol furniture polishes because they can dissolve the wax and leave a cloudy appearance.
How OFTEN YOU SHOULD POLISH FURNITURE?
There’s no fixed schedule for furniture cleaning and polishing, but it depends on how the furniture looks. If there is visible dust on the surface and finish looks a little dull or uneven, then it’s time to clean and polish your furniture deeply by using deep cleaning methods and use polish to regain luster.
HOW TO PROTECT FURNITURE
Prevention is always best, that is a way to hold your furniture in tip top condition from the get-go:
• If your furniture items are decorative features, then use felt pads to avoid any scratching.
• Keep in mind that dinner table use for meal, therefore, to save it from heat and water marks place mats and coasters to protect surface of table.
• Do not allow scraps to settle on surface, wipe them off quickly.
• Wood can bend or crack if place too close to a heat source so think cautiously about the placement of your furniture.
How to polish furniture? – Final thoughts:
Always try to clean and polish your furniture on regular basis and keep an eye whether it requires deep cleaning or polishing. Avoid to use expensive products in regular cleaning as it can faint color of your furniture. You should keep your wooden furniture clean and looking beautiful with natural solutions.
Here we try to give you some tips about how to polish furniture and how to protect it from different conditions. Still got some questions on how to polish furniture then leave your comment for further assistance.